My name is Skye Class. I was born in Beverly Hills. Growing up, I lived all up and down the west coast of the USA, from the top of Washington to the bottom of California, and nearly every major city between.
For years, I dreamed of traveling the world. I would watch Braveheart and imagine running across the Scottish Highlands, read Cryptonomicon and fantasize exploring the Philippines, or read endless travel blogs and compile a bucket list of my own. But it wasn’t until 2014 when I made the leap, put my life in a backpack and started my endless journey. I am always looking for another adventure and enjoy the wild side of things. If you ask me where I’m from, I’ll just say “Earth.”
I have done numerous jobs in my life, including computer programming, data entry, teaching, construction, consulting, cooking, event production, rigging, landscaping, writing and counselling. I’ve also been trained in graphic design, interior design, finance, marketing, carpentry and many other subjects.
I love to help people, meet new friends, discover new locations and fun things to do, travel, and experience new things. And above all, I enjoy helping others do all of the above. Some of my hobbies include traveling, reading (I try to read a novel a week), graphic design, writing, traveling, sports and running, the occasional mobile game (I know it’s a waste of time, but what the heck), hiking, spelunking, watching a movie now and then, doing puzzles and traveling.
Here is a list of some of my current favorites:
- Favorite color: blue
- Favorite animals: tiger, killer whale
- Favorite locations: Orcas Island (N. America), Edinburgh (Europe) (full list here)
- Favorite books: The Lensman Series by E.E. “Doc” Smith (full list here)
- Favorite bands: One Republic, 30 Seconds to Mars
- Favorite song: “Good Life” by One Republic
- Favorite movies: Top 5: The Martian, Stardust, The Island, The Warrior, Interstellar
- Favorite TV shows: Continuum, 24, Arrow, Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time
- Favorite actor: Brad Pitt
- Favorite actress: Scarlet Johansson
- Favorite restaurant: Saltstank in Karlskrona, Sweden (full list here)
- Favorite foods: lamb dishes, sushi
- Favorite ice cream: all flavors
- Favorite game: capture the flag
- Favorite board game: Settlers of Catan
- Favorite sport: football (soccer)
My plans for the future are to travel around the world indefinitely, visit every country, meet tons of new people, learn at least half a dozen new languages, help friends and strangers in any way I can and discover wonderful locations. I plan to eat as many diversified meals as I can and I have an ever expanding bucket list of things I want to do in my travels.
I would love to hear from you, what you think about my site, and what the chances are of meet up in my travels. You can link to my various pages below, or in other locations around the site. Or you can email me at [email protected] I am also on Whatsapp, Line, Google Voice, Skype, Messenger and any other form of communication I can find for personal contact. All you need to do is ask.